- DNR Community Listening Session & Well Sampling Information (4/9/2021) - On Thursday, April 15 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. the DNR will host a community listening session via Zoom. Join via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85371693701 Join by phone: 1-312-626-6799 Meeting ID: 853 7169 3701 Questions can be submitted in advance to DNRCampbellPFAS@wisconsin.gov or 1-866-220-4841; use the subject "Listening Session Question" Private well sampling information and community listening session flyer… Read More
- Updated map of PFAS test results from residents located outside of the initial testing zone (4/9/2021) - If you have results you would like to share please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to the Town Hall and we can make a copy Read More
- PFAS and health effects for children and expecting mothers (4/1/2021) - Click on the link below to watch the video from the webinar: https://web.uri.edu/steep/march-11th-lets-talk-about-pfas-taking-action-to-protect-your-health/ Read More
- Nearly 1,000 residents use drive-up donation site for bottled water (3/26/2021) - CAMPBELL, Wis. – Kwik Trip and Hy-Vee donated six semi-truck loads of bottled water to the Town of Campbell for distribution on Thursday March 25, 2021 in response to PFAS contamination found in 180 private wells. Nearly 100 other residents await test results of their private well water safety. Volunteers from the Town Board, Administrative… Read More
- Agreement for Requesting Temporary Emergency Water (3/26/2021) - Providing Bottled Water To Homes. For those residents with private water supplies, the DNR will provide the option of bottled water to be delivered in five gallon containers to those residents’ homes, through a state contract with Culligan. The DNR would need the residents to sign up for this service though the DNR and sign an… Read More
- Drinking water advisory & information on drinking water alternatives (3/25/2021) - On March 25, 2021, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) issued an interim area-wide drinking water advisory [PDF], allowing the DNR to provide temporary emergency water to residents with private wells on French Island who are not currently receiving water from the city of La Crosse. Given this interim area-wide drinking water advisory, the state is… Read More
Updated map of PFAS test results from residents located outside of the initial testing zone. (04/09/2021)
If you have results you would like to share please email them to email@example.com or bring them to the Town Hall and we can make a copy.
Testing at the Town Hall, Library and Community Center
The Town of Campbell conducted PFAS testing at these three sites. The results for PFOA/PFOS are as follows:
Town Hall: PFOA= 1.96 ppt PFOS= 1.14 ppt Combined= 3.10 parts per trillion
Library: PFOA= 12.8 ppt PFOS= 13.3 Combined= 26.10 parts per trillion
Community Center: PFOA= 4.89 PFOS=5.96 Combined= 10.85 parts per trillion
Read the full report here: Laboratory Report
Wisconsin has set DNR recommended groundwater standards of 20 parts per trillion (ppt) for PFOA and PFOS individually and combined. Nationally, this standard is trending towards 10 parts per trillion.
The test results at the Library exceeded the DNR standards. The test results at the Community Center were below the DNR standards and above the standards that are trending nationally. The test results at the Town Hall are below both standards.
Wisconsin Certified Labs
If you are outside of the testing areas and wish to conduct your own PFAS testing, you can find a list of Wisconsin certified labs here.
DNR Contact Information: DNRCampbellPFAS@wisconsin.gov
La Crosse Waterworks Numbers:
The OS Group
John Storlie, PG
Tim Kabat, Mayor
City of La Crosse
Additional information can be found here: Cityoflacrosse.org/wells